My presentation paled in comparison with Khalis and Darryl. With the handing up of our proposal, we had quite some time to prepare our presentation. However when I did my part of presentation, I found that I had problem finding important points to present for the modules we created. The modules we created and wrote in the proposal were just examples but to persuade the audience we needed to have something more concrete. However, I believe I did a relatively good job in trying to get the main idea across.
After seeing the presentation from other groups, I decided that I would try to present without my cue cards and let my slides be my cue cards instead. It would be a major change and this could only be pulled off with a lot of practices. During the presentation, I felt that I could do better by not stumbling and try my best to sound clearer. I believe that I had projected my voice well. However I need to work on sounding more persuasive.
The slides could have been done better. Though it was a combined idea to copy the template from the NUS module information website to make the slides for modules look interesting, it was quite difficult to see clearly from the point of the audience. What can be changed was that the fonts could be bigger and show only the relevant section of the slides.
Overall, I believe I have done my best. Practice makes perfect. With more opportunities to present, I would definitely improve my presentation skills.
Hi Petrina,
ReplyDeleteActually I would beg to differ. I thought your presentation portion was great! It's just that we could have used more time to practise :) I blame my busy schedule for that though :P
Petrina!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for being understanding and supportive, especially during the emotionally- wrecking week 11.
Yes, I think we would know our own shortcomings best. On top of that, it is also good we are aware of how we can improve. I believe this is the critical portion. Knowing the shortcoming but not acting on it is quite pointless actually.
I felt you did better than me in terms of interaction level with the audience. You also gestured to the slides at relevent moments. I hope you applied the same good techniques for your Urops presentation. ((=
Ok, let's keep going!
Hey guys!
ReplyDeleteWe shall stop comparing:) we all have good points so we shall learn from each other!
take care and study hard for exams!
Hi Petrina!
ReplyDeleteYou had sufficient eye contact with the audience and you speech were also well paced. However, as you mentioned, I too agree that you should do away with cue cards if possible, use the slides plus some memorising, it should not be too difficult. Without cue card, I believe your presentation will look more professional. Another thing is that maybe you can try to sound more serious so as to be more persuasive. Other than that, I think your presentation was quite good.